Introduction of BISE Gujranwala
The Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education (BISE) Gujranwala established under BISE Act 1976. The board is a self governing body of the Ministry of Education of the Punjab. Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Gujranwala is authorized with administrative and financial affairs to organize, regulate, develop and control Intermediate and Secondary Education in general and conduct examinations in the institutions affiliated with the board.
Jurisdiction of the Gujranwala Board includes following districts:
- Mandi Baha-ud-Din
The main duties and functions of the Board are as under:
- To hold and conduct examinations of Intermediate Education and Secondary Education, Pakistani and Classical Languages and such other examinations as determined by the government.
- To recognize educational institutes and also can refuse or withdraw the affiliation for any college.
- The board prescribes the rule and regulations for the various examinations held by the Board.
- Announcement of the results which were held by the Board and also reward certificates and diplomas to the pass candidates and award scholarships, medals and prized to the position holders.
- Organization and promotion of extra mural curriculum activities.
- To create posts and appoint such staff as may be considered necessary for the purpose of its functions; provided that a post in Bs-17 or above, shall be created with a prior approval of the Controlling Authority.