Introduction of BISE Multan
Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Multan was established on March 30, 1968. The Board was established under the ordinance of Government of West Pakistan Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (Multan and Sargodha), which was passed by the National Assembly. Camp Office of Multan board was started working in the Government Central Training College Lahore and in the mid of June it was shifted to Multan headquarter. In the beginning Quetta, Kallat, Bahawalpur and Multan including Dera Ghazi Khan was in the jurisdiction of Multan Board. In 1968, Quetta and Kallat started working separately and in 1978 Bahawalpur Board was established and started working separately. In 1982, Dera Ghazi Khan Board was separated from Multan Board. The board is governed under the Punjab Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education Act, 1976.
Board of Governors
Board of Governors of 15 members including the Chairman is the controlling authority of the BISE Multan. Few members are ex-officio and others are nominated as per provisions of the Act. The board is self governing authority and Punjab government is controlling authority of the Board. The Chairman, Secretary, Controller Examination, Audit Officer and DPE are appointed by the Punjab government for the period of 3 years. Other officers and staff are appointed by the Board of Governors. Board of Governors are responsible for generating own funds through the fees of examinations and other dues.
In the beginning Quetta, Kallat, Bahawalpur and Multan including Dera Ghazi Khan was in the jurisdiction of Multan Board but later separate Boards for Quetta, Kallat, Bahawalpur and Dera Ghazi Khan was established and now the jurisdiction of the BISE Multan is confined in the following districts.
- Multan District
- Khanewal District
- Vehari District
- Lodhran District
- Pakpattan District
- Sahiwal District
The students belonging to the above mentioned districts have to apply for their Matric or Intermediate level examinations to Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Multan.
The main duties and functions of the Multan Board are as under:
- To hold and conduct examinations of Intermediate Education and Secondary Education, Pakistani and Classical Languages and such other examinations as determined by the government.
- To recognize educational institutes and also can refuse or withdraw the affiliation for any college.
- The board prescribes the rule and regulations for the various examinations held by the Board.
- Announcement of the results which were held by the Board and also reward certificates and diplomas to the pass candidates and award scholarships, medals and prized to the position holders.
- Organization and promotion of extra mural curriculum activities.
- To create posts and appoint such staff as may be considered necessary for the purpose of its functions; provided that a post in Bs-17 or above, shall be created with a prior approval of the Controlling Authority.