Introduction of BISE Rawalpindi
Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Rawalpindi was established in October, 1977 as a result of bifurcation of BISE Sargodha under Punjab Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education Act No. XIII of 1976. The BISE Rawalpindi has since been confined to the Districts of Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum and Rawalpindi. (The defunct Civil Division of Rawalpindi).
The main objective of the Board is to hold and conduct all examinations pertaining to Secondary School Certificate, Intermediate Classical Languages and such other examinations as may be assigned by the Controlling Authority /Government of Punjab. Main source of Income of the Board is the examination and other fee collected from the candidates. No grant-in-aid from Govt. or any financial Institution is involved.
The Board consists of the following members:
- The Vice-Chancellor of the University or a University professor nominated by him.
- All EDOs Education of District Attock, Chakwal, Jhelum, and Rawalpindi.
- One representative of TAVTA Govt. of Punjab Lahore.
- One representative each of the Finance and Education Department not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary.
- One Principal of degree college situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- One Principal of an Intermediate College situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- Two Headmasters and one Headmistress of schools situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- Two persons nominated by the Controlling Authority from amongst scholars and retired educationists.
The Board calendar includes Act, Regulations and Rules relating to Board’s affairs. The calendar defines the objectives of the Board as follows:
- To regulate and supervise the Secondary and Intermediate Education.
- To hold and conduct all examinations pertaining to Intermediate and Secondary Education and Classical Language, PTC /CT /DM /OT and such other examinations as may be assigned by the Controlling Authority /Government.
- To compile the result of the who have appeared candidates and notify the same and issue certificates to successful candidates.
- To promote the sports activities among the students.
|Preceding agency||Ministry of Education (Pakistan)|
|Jurisdiction||Provincial government of the Pakistan|