Introduction of BISE Sargodha
The Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Sargodha was constituted in 1968 under the West Pakistan Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education (Multan and Sargodha) Ordinance in 1968. The board has jurisdiction in Sargodha and Rawalpindi Civil Divisions that time. It started its functions in different rented buildings in Satellite Town, Sargodha. It was shifted in the present campus in 1975. BISE Rawalpindi was bifurcated from the BISE Sargodha in 1978 and again in 1988 Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Faisalabad was separated from BISE Sargodha.
The current jurisdiction of BISE Sargodha include following districts.
The main duties and functions of the Board are as under:
- To hold and conduct examinations of Intermediate Education and Secondary Education, Pakistani and Classical Languages and such other examinations as determined by the government.
- To recognize educational institutes and also can refuse or withdraw the affiliation for any college.
- The board prescribes the rule and regulations for the various examinations held by the Board.
- Announcement of the results which were held by the Board and also reward certificates and diplomas to the pass candidates and award scholarships, medals and prized to the position holders.
- Organization and promotion of extra mural curriculum activities.